• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Wilderness Unlimited Membership

WU Membership is it worth it or not?

• Awesome!

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Not too bad

Votes: 44 30.6%
  • Below Average

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • They suck hard!

Votes: 44 30.6%

• Total voters

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
I been a member for 2yrs and I love the club and they work with you on monthly payments, I have not meet a snob member everyone I have met are nice people. You can go by what others say and those ex members probably have broken rules or just want a perfect world that not goin to happen. WU has been real great to me when I joined I readed alot about them and I said Iwill try them and my son N I love the club. I been on ranches that are 5000 acres and its just my son n I. But like some one said here before "don't join more ranches for me"
If you are a WU member, then why are you going to hunt BHR? Why not hunt WU on Aug 8th?

Henry54

First of all I have reservations already and can't hunt another ranch until i fulfill my deal, and 2nd Im not paying for hunt buddy did. Yes I'm a member but I hunt anywhere when Im invited with a buddy private wu or publicland.

Henry54

They have a set of rules that members must follow or risk ejection from the club, that is one of the big reasons I joined. I enjoy hunting where I know the guy next to me isn't a sky-busting, rap-music-playing, only-going-for-the-beer, shoot-anything-that-moves, and leave-their-trash-everywhere kind of person. I've hunted all of Southern California since I was 8 and I am now 45. I have seen idiots at Wister knock down Pelicans, Seagulls and Swans. I have seen BLM land littered with so many beer cans that I could have made $60.00 by turning in the aluminum. I have seen once prime hunting land ruined with trees shot-up and livestock harrassed. I am looking forward to having numerous private areas to hunt and fish without the "crazies and Yahoos" to contend with.

I listen to rap music that doesn't make me a bad person and Im a WU member.

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
First of all I have reservations already and can't hunt another ranch until i fulfill my deal, and 2nd Im not paying for hunt buddy did. Yes I'm a member but I hunt anywhere when Im invited with a buddy private wu or publicland.
Don't make any sense. Buddy paid a BHR hunt for both of you and you are still looking for someone else to go hunt with you (in your other post)?

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
They have a set of rules that members must follow or risk ejection from the club, that is one of the big reasons I joined. I enjoy hunting where I know the guy next to me isn't a sky-busting, rap-music-playing, only-going-for-the-beer, shoot-anything-that-moves, and leave-their-trash-everywhere kind of person. I've hunted all of Southern California since I was 8 and I am now 45. I have seen idiots at Wister knock down Pelicans, Seagulls and Swans. I have seen BLM land littered with so many beer cans that I could have made $60.00 by turning in the aluminum. I have seen once prime hunting land ruined with trees shot-up and livestock harrassed. I am looking forward to having numerous private areas to hunt and fish without the "crazies and Yahoos" to contend with.

I listen to rap music that doesn't make me a bad person and Im a WU member.

When I was an active member, the Covelo East property had shotgun blasted through the door and wall of the outhouse. The Bear Wallow Ridge, Cold Creek, and Salt Creek properties had trespassers on quads and trucks all over. The club had a hard time keeping the trespassers out. Now that those properties no longer exist with WU, there may not be much to worry about. I ran into many trespassers in the properties around Coalinga, some walking through the woods carrying pigs on their back, some running hounds across the boundary into WU boundaries. Reported all of them to the club and not sure what action were taken. It's been a while since I've been an active member so I don't have the up to date situation of WU anymore. I'm hoping things are getting better as I've been hearing alot of positive talks about the club more now.

Henry54

yes things changed and my buddy owes me big time so he offer to pay for me, I heard of crap like that about people doin that. To bad we have people like that. I haven't heard of stories like that happening now. I usually don't make reservation for weeks in advance but my kids loves twin peaks so I made a reservation for those dates thats why I can't go to other ranches in wu right now..

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
yes things changed and my buddy owes me big time so he offer to pay for me, I heard of crap like that about people doin that. To bad we have people like that. I haven't heard of stories like that happening now. I usually don't make reservation for weeks in advance but my kids loves twin peaks so I made a reservation for those dates thats why I can't go to other ranches in wu right now..
Hmmmmmm........invitation to BHR, but not invitation to Twin Peaks? Put me on one of your guess pass to Twin Peaks and I will show you the better honey holes in that property. 11 years hunting that property and only saw one other member (besides occasional trespassers) wandered into that little section I called "honey hole". I found it because I tracked a group of pigs and they lead me into it. I caught the guy next door and his hunters a few times hopping the fence and walked the WU side. Didn't see them shoot anything on the WU side but they were intending to hunt it. Have not been there since 2007 when I last been active. Hopefully the honey hole still remain a honey hole.

bengal

The wife and I will be heading to Twin peaks this weekend for our first hog hunt. Do you have a reservation this weekend as well?

bengal

Hmmmmmm........invitation to BHR, but not invitation to Twin Peaks? Put me on one of your guess pass to Twin Peaks and I will show you the better honey holes in that property. 11 years hunting that property and only saw one other member (besides occasional trespassers) wandered into that little section I called "honey hole". I found it because I tracked a group of pigs and they lead me into it. I caught the guy next door and his hunters a few times hopping the fence and walked the WU side. Didn't see them shoot anything on the WU side but they were intending to hunt it. Have not been there since 2007 when I last been active. Hopefully the honey hole still remain a honey hole.
I'm willing to take yo up on that offer for this weekend. PM me your info if you are interested.

Last edited:

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
I'm willing to take yo up on that offer for this weekend. PM me your info if you are interested.
Oh man!........didn't know someone could jump on my offer that quick. Apparently I'm currently in TX and will be back in CA on 8/19. Give me a holler after 8/19 and we can work something out. It does not have to be Twin Peaks. Other properties have honey holes too. Good luck to ya.

bengal

Oh man!........didn't know someone could jump on my offer that quick. Apparently I'm currently in TX and will be back in CA on 8/19. Give me a holler after 8/19 and we can work something out. It does not have to be Twin Peaks. Other properties have honey holes too. Good luck to ya.
Will do and thanks for the offer to help out some of us WU rookies. I got my D-9 deer tag and will be hitting up the properties in Caliente in September so any advice is appreciated. Thanks again!

jerryt

Hunting is good and there is no quota. Unless it is an Archery ranch they only want you to kill one pig per ranch. I have taken 3 pigs this year on different ranches and could have shot a lot more.

G2283

Hey everyone, I use to hunt with a friend and his dad on W/U ranches in the nineties and I remember the other members we talked to being very respectful and helpful. Now being in my thirties my wife and I are interested in having great places to hunt,camp, and fish that aren't packed with disrespectful people trashing what good land is left. If anyone could tell me what the W/U membership fee is as of 2013, followed by the the annual fee for fishing,camping and big game. Thanks everyone

cali-carnivore

The annual fee is 1300-1700 depending on options and there is a one time initiation/enrollment/sales commission of around 1200. Worth every penny to me!

cali-carnivore

They have options to pay up to 12 months I think but normally 6. I'm not sure about the enrollment options but Ithink that is up front.

Top Bottom